Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Our Anniversary Trip


We spent the weekend in Downtown Dallas for our 1st Anniversary. Michael booked us a room for 2 nights at the Omni West End in Dallas. We had dinner Friday night at the Steak and Shake and went to see Journey to the Center of the Earth in 3-D. That was WAY cool! I highly recommend it! Especially for the kiddos! Saturday we got up early and headed to the aquarium to be there when it opened at 10:00. Boy was it already busy! Luckily we beat the heavy crowds and got the see everything we wanted. We were most excited to see two fully grown manatees. AMAZING! See photos below. Then we went for the most romantic part of the week-end...we toured the Holocaust Museum. I know that isn't so romantic, but we had extra time and it was close-by. It was very interesting. Then we went back to the hotel to clean up for dinner. Michael took me the Pappas Brothers Steak House. WOW! Valet parking. Reserved table in the wine room. (Not that the waitress gave us a chance to order any. She took our glasses away before even asking. I guess she assumed we were under age.) The food and service was exceptional! I am not the biggest steak fan in the world, but that was a fine piece of meat I had. Plus mashed potatoes and bread with REAL butter! AHHHH! We came home Sunday morning and had a marathon of 24 to complete season 2. How exciting! I know you are all jealous of my wonderful life! The pics below are from the aquarium. There is a picture of my brother Stephen's long lost twin in there somewhere. Can you find it?
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Murphy's said...

Sounds like yall had BLAST!!!! Hooray for great husbands who plan stuff like that!!