Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, July 7, 2008

Everything is Bigger in Texas

The day I thought would never come has...and I don't yet know how I feel about it. We loaded up the U-Haul Monday, spent a few days at mom and dad's, and then drove to Texas on Thursday. Everything was hunkee doree until the family started leaving me. First Mr. Taz and Mrs. Betty left, and I cried. Then Mom, Dad, Stephen, and Ashley left the next morning (Sunday) and I boo-hooed. Thank goodness we went to church with Lauren and Kyle Sunday morning because that took my mind off of things for at least half the day. I spent the rest of the day on an emotional teeter-totter. I seriously think Michael was thinking "What on earth have I done marrying this insane woman!" But today was a new day and things are much better. I feel like I can at least navigate my way to the grocery store, gas station, Walgreens, and Target. What else do I need, right? I bet I have talked to Mom and Dad at least fifty times since they left, but it makes all of us feel better so why not!? The seminary is REALLY close. It only took us about 10 minutes to get there on a Sunday morning, so maybe 15 - 20 on a regular morning. It is all interstate so maybe not even that long. The apartment is getting pretty settled. Michael has laundry everywhere or I would take pictures to show you, but that will be for another day!

Please continue to pray for us as often as you think about us. Michael starts his job Monday, so I will be alone at the apt. all day. Pray for him as he begins his work...for a good atmosphere and co-workers. I am hoping to find some part-time work to fill my extra time until school starts. I hope to keep it up to earn a little extra money during school, so please pray that God would provide a workable job situation.

I love and miss you all. I guess I've been taking such wonderful friends and family for granted all these years! Hugs and kisses!

The "before"
The "after"
Welcome to Texas!

1 comment:

Katie McCrary said...

hope you are having fun on your new adventure!