Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

CVS Trip #1

So first let me explain this CVS business. I first discovered it on thecentsiblesawyer.blogspot.com but you can also find info on moneysavingmom.com. The 2nd website really breaks it down for beginners while the 1st gives you week to week buying ideas.



OKAY...so the first step is to get an Extra Care Bucks card. It is just like the card you get at Kroger or any other local grocery. When they scan it BEFORE ringing up your purchase, it automatically gives you discounts within the store and automatically gives you any Extra Care Bucks (ECBs) that you earned.



THINGS TO KNOW:

1. Only certain items earn you ECBs. These items change every month. Check your local CVS for this month's flier.



2. In addition to the monthly ECB flier, CVS has a WEEKLY sale flier. This just lets you know what will be on sale that week.

3. You can use manufacturer's coupons and CVS coupons with your ECBs to maximize savings.



4. ECBs work like cash at CVS. You spend them on any purchases before their expiration date just like cash. They print at the bottom of your receipt, so be sure the clip them off and store them safely.



5. You can monitor your ECBs online by registering for an online account at CVS.com



Now on to my first trip:



I finally figured out that in order to get this ball rolling, I was going to have to spend a little bit of money. So this morning I trucked on down to the CVS and got my July ECB flier. I flipped through it to find some item that I could earn a decent amount of ECBs with AND still use. I didn't want to buy anything that I wouldn't use (obviously)! So I decided upon decaffienated Lipton iced tea and some CVS panty liners! WOOHOO! So exciting!



Here is my transaction:

2 Lipton Decaf 48 count @ 3.29 each

1 CVS Pantyliners 22 count @ .89

TOTAL: 7.54

ECBs earned: 3.99



So now I have 3.99 in ECBs to spend. Next time I go, I will pick out products that will earn me ECBs back and pay for these products with the ECBs that I earned today. Gradually, over time, the ECBs build up and you are buying several items for little to no out of pocket expense.

I know you all think I am crazy, but it is kinda fun to figure this all out. It is like one big brain teaser...plus you save money...hopefully!

1 comment:

Paul, Jennifer, and Taylor said...

I have friends who live by this!! I really need to give it a try soon, I am looking for ways to fill my days in TX too....maybe I'll give it a try. Have a great week!