Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Idea

It has come to my attention that a lot of people read this that I don't know about. This thought leads me to two additional thoughts:
1) Please leave a comment either in the post or on the chat box on the side, so I know you visited. It is good to hear from people I know. Thanks Jessica for already doing that!

2) I should try to do a little more productive something than just post about my little ole life. Thus, I have decided to try to post some of my discoveries from my personal Bible study. Right now, I am trying to write in a Life Journal every day. It works like this: The journal gives you a few passages to read each day. Then you reflect upon the passages using this acronym: SOAP Scripture, Observation, Application, Prayer. I am not going to post this everyday. Just when I come across something I would like to share. So here goes:

Title: God is Leading
Scripture passage: Exodus 12; 13:17-22 (I read this whole passage and picked the focal verse below)

Scripture: Exodus 13:21 The LORD was going before them in a pillar of cloud by day to lead them on the way, and in a pillar of fire by night to give them light, that they might travel by day and by night."

Observation: Just so you know, this is referring to the Israelites as they are leaving captivity in Egypt. This passage comes right after the first Passover and right before the parting of the Red Sea.
God specifically led the Israelites both in the day and night. He provided a way for them to travel both in the day and night.

Application: I don't know about you, but I am not trying to escape the Pharoah of Egypt. Nevertheless, this verse stuck out to me. God led them both in the day and the night. He led them very specifically...a pillar of cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night. I began to think about this in application to my life...the day being the good times. When I "feel" close to God. When everything is going right. When I understand what is going on and why. In those times, God is specifically leading me to go places and do things. Just like he lead the Israelites specifically by the pillar of cloud. Everything seems a little easier in the day...you can see where you are going and everything makes pretty good sense. But what about the night? Those bad times? When God doesn't "feel" near. When we don't understand what is happening or how anything good can come of it? When we don't know what our next move should be? Even then, God is STILL leading. Just because He doesn't "feel" close doesn't mean He isn't there showing you the way. Put your trust in Him and follow.

Prayer: Thank you LORD for always leading me.

If you would like a copy of your own Life Journal, I bought mine at the Pinklake bookstore in Brandon, MS. You can check their website at pinelake.org

1 comment:

Karen said...

Just wanted to let you know I found your blog through someone else's blog. I am adding you to a link on mine. I'll miss you at Sudduth this year, but I'll be in touch here. Take Care, Karen