Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, July 11, 2008

Michael's First Major League Baseball Game

Last night we went and watched the Texas Rangers play the LA Angels. It was Michael's first Major League Baseball game. Of course, I took a book to read. I think it really bothered the people around me that I was reading the book. One lady even showed me a picture of one of the players she thought was just "so cute" when he batted hoping I would become interested. Not so, and this guy got out almost everytime he was up. Then this security guy said he had to approve all reading materials in the ball park. He had never heard of my book, but he said as long as it wasn't a steamy romance novel it could stay. Anyways, lucky me, the game went into extra innings, so we were there until 11:45 pm. This seriously cut in on my 24 time. I was upset. We did get out of our nosebleed seats and went to sit behind home plate for the final inning. Turns out that was bad luck. The other team scored one run that inning, and the Rangers got nothing. So...game over.

Our view from the homerun porch.
Another shot. The jumbotron was over our head, so it was really strange. You heard everything and the whole stadium was staring at you, but you couldn't see the screen.
Our view from behind homeplate.
That is where we were originally. In that overhang thing under the jumbotron.

No comments: