Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Start of School

So I officially started school on Thursday. I am overwhelmingly overwhelmed. I told Daddy that I feel like a kid on the first day of Kindergarten. I know nothing! I have no counseling background and no theology background. I know nothing! I guess that means I just have a lot to learn. I have my classes all figured out. I will have a class at 8:00 every day and then one online. This way, I can be at work by 2 every day and hopefully have all my work done before I get there so I can spend the nights with Michael. ( I think that was a run-on sentence...sorry Kristy).

I wanted to tell you a little bit about convocation. It was held during chapel on the first day of school. All the faculty came in in their little robes that they wear at graduation. I find those things extremely humerous. For all you Harry fans, it looked like a large assembly of Dumbledore importance witches and wizards. Anyways, I digress. So apparently, there are 2 ways to be on faculty. You can be appointed by the president, or you can be approved by the Board of Trustees. Being approved by the board is way cooler. You get to be called up to the stage. Then you get to sit in the founding president's chair and sign your name in an extremely large book. I can't help but compare it to the Book of Life! Then you go and sit with the rest of the faculty.

President Patterson gave the sermon in chapel that day. He read the story of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. As he was explaining the different Greek words for the term servant, he washed this dude's feet. Just called him right up on stage, sat him down, washed his feet, and never missed a beat in his sermon. WOW! The dude was very touched. He was crying as Dr. Patterson prayed over him. Dr. Patterson was stressing the importance of service within the church and how no one is above service.

I will try to do better with posting. I think I have a little schedule worked out which should allow me some time to post. I have a few ideas of things I want to post for your enjoyment.

Katie McCrary, I have not forgotten about your TAG. I actually have a sticky note on my computer. It is on the list!

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

you are missed at sudduth! hope everything is going well!!!