Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Semi-Successful CVS Trip #2

So on Sunday afternoon, I plotted out my plans and trucked it on down to CVS. I am trying to keep it simple here at the beginning. Here was my plan:
Buy: 1 Colgate toothpaste using a $1.00 off coupon and earning 2 ECBs
1 Crest toothpaste using a 75 cents off coupon and earning 1.50 ECBs
2 Oral-B Inicator Toothbrushes with a $1 off 2 items coupon and
earning 4 ECBS
This should have made my total around 4.75 OOP after using the 3.99 in ECBs I already had and earn me 7.50 in ECBs in return.

Well well well...here is how it went down. I got all my items, gave them my coupons, ECBs, etc. and the price comes to within 8 cents of my prediction. I am excited. Then I only got 3.50 in ECBs back. I said hold on...I am supposed to get 2 ECBs each for these toothbrushes...that is 4 ECBs I am missing. I tell the cashier. I pull out the August ECB flier and show her it on the page. This is how it reads: Buy Oral-B Indicator or Advantage Value Pack Toothbrush 4 pk. get $2 extra bucks. This led me to belive that I could buy 1 Indicator OR I could buy the 4 pk of Advantage. Well it is not so. You must buy the 4 pk. of either one. So, alas, the ambiguous fine print got me. But DO NOT FEAR...I have a plan. I will tell you about it after I make sure it works. I don't want to look stupid if it doesn't!! All in all it was still a good buy. All four items would normally cost around $10-12 and I got it for $4.80. AMAZING! Have you tried CVS? Leave a comment of your adventures, questions, or thoughts.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Katie McCrary said...

go to fratesi's from my blog then to barnettes, that girl has all the coupon sites!