Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My First Day of Graduate School...sort of

So today was orientation at SWBTS.  I think I have been so orientated that my head may fall off.  We started with general orientation.  Then we went to orientation by school...mine being the school of education.  Then we went to orientation by degrees.  FINALLY after that we were released to...guess what...go TAKE A TEST!!!  Yes a TEST on the FIRST day of seminary which technically was just orientation and not class.  It was a standardized test to figure out how much Bible knowledge I had.  I always thought I had a pretty good working knowledge of the Bible.  Not so.  It was very difficult.  Do you know who Joshua's daddy was or what River flows through the land of the Hittites?  Yeah...me either.  At least it was multiple choice!  **Attention parents:   This was not for a grade, don't be alarmed.  It was just to establish a baseline for what I know now.  I'll take it again when I graduate and hopefully do better.**

Oh...and guess what else...I have HOMEWORK!  Yeah, I haven't even been to class yet, but I have 60 pages to read and 3 discussions to post comments in before Thursday.

This is going to be a fun 3 years.  Please pray for me.

3 comments:

Spring said...

I feel your pain... yesterday was only my second day of classes, and I studied for 2 hours last night. What am I doing today? you ask... Hmmm, let's see... oh, yeah... studying!! Whose idea was this again?!?

Kristy said...

You will be great at grad school! I promise we will continue to do fun, silly things to give you a break. I love you!!!

PS-Thanks for being my emergency contact! :)

Anonymous said...

Joshua who? And I didn't even know that the Hittites (whoever they are) had a river!!! And just so you know - I read 60 pages every YEAR!!!
Hang in there, girl.
Blessings,
Bro. Sammy