Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Book List

My wonderful sister-in-law Ashley asked me for some books that she might enjoy, so I compiled this list.  It is a bunch of books, mostly Christian fiction, that I have read lately and found entertaining.  Some are better than others!  Let me know if you would like to know more about a particular title and I will give you my opinion.  I am currently reading any titles by Jodi Picoult, so I will give you an update on those when I finish.  

J.K. Rowling:  Harry Potter 1 - 7
 
Karen Kingsbury:   One Tuesday Morning (1)
                            Beyond Tuesday Morning (2)
                            Even Now (1)
                            Ever After (2)
                            Between Sundays
                            Oceans Apart
 
Beverly Lewis:  The Shunning (1)
                       The Confession (2)
                       The Reckoning (3)
                       The Redemption of Sarah Cain
                       The Postcard (1)
                       The Crossroad (2)
                       October Song (after all of the above)
                       Sanctuary
 
Francine Rivers:  Redeeming Love
                         Mark of the Lion Series: A Voice in the Wing (1)
                                                            An Echo in the Darkness (2)
                                                            As Sure as the Dawn (3) 
                         The Scarlet Thread
                         Leota's Garden
 
Ted Dekker:  Black (1)
                    Red (2)
                    White (3)  (These are very different from the above.  They take a little time to get into, but end up very good)
 
Khaled Hossieni:  The Kite Runner
                           A Thousand Splendid Suns  (very intense books)
 
Wanda E Brunstetter:  Daughters of Lancaster County
                                 Brides of Lancaster County
 
Mary Higgins Clark:  I Heard That Song Before
                               I have read so many of hers I don't remember.  Anything by her is a good mystery, suspense.
 
Janette Oke:  Love Comes Softly Series

Enjoy and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

donna manning said...

Hey, I am reading Voice in the Wind right now. Also, "The Atonement Child" is wonderful by Francine Rivers. "The Shack" is a phenomenal book. You have to read it and know that it is fiction, but has lots of spiritual truths in it.
Want to read "And the Shofar Blew" next by Francine Rivers.
Have a great week...
Donna M.

The Burks Family said...

That's right - I am wonderful!
love you,
AE