Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Burks' Bumpin' Christmas and other Christmas Happenings

So I had every intention of writing a very witty narrative conveying the hilarity that was Christmas day at the Burks' household this year. But alas, my brother has beat me to it and done a far superior job than I ever would have, so visit their blog and read all about it.

My cousin Bryan and his wife Becca visited us for New Year's and the Cotton Bowl, and Bryan and I agreed that this was probably the most fun Christmas we can remember in the recent past. It was a wonderful day filled with enjoying family MINUS the tension that a day with the family often brings if you know what I mean!

My sweet darling husband was kind enough to let me go home to visit with friends early. I rode with Deanna to Mississippi the Sunday before Christmas and had three WHOLE days to visit with friends and family! WOW!

Monday morning--after stopping by the store for a visit with Dad which I miss SO much--I had a wonderful lunch with Lauren and Day at the Back Door with surprising conversation discussing theology concerning Mary (the mother of Jesus). I know! We're a little weird! Lauren will also be starting her second semester of grad school in counseling this January (at MSU)! Day will be headed for a 6 month mission trip to Germany in early January. I also swung by Pizazz Monday morning to check in on Lindsey! We had a good quick visit.

Also Monday afternoon, I was so excited to get to hang out with my cousin Carley! We had a blast just running errands and watched Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. It was great to catch up with her and reminisce over the trials of high school! (She is currently a junior at Pickens Academy)

Tuesday mom and I finished up shopping and wrapping. Then Tuesday night, Alan and Erica came over to hang out with me for awhile before Stephen's ENTIRE crew came over and invaded the house. It was so nice to hang out with Erica though. I forget how easy it is to hang out with a good friend. They already know how dorky you are and love you anyways, so you don't have to try. Good stuff.

Then Wednesday morning I got to hang out with two of my favorite people from high school and college--Day (yes again) and Jenna! We were brave and met early at 8 am for breakfast so we wouldn't make our parents mad! The time really got away from us! It was 10 before we realized it. Again, hanging out with old friends is truely the best. We can always pick up where we left off no matter how many months have gone by!

Then I headed over to Nanny's house to help make dressing (which has become a tradition in recent years....I am a slow learner). This year, my dear sweet mother tried to commandere (I probably didn't spell that right but am too lazy to check it) the operation! I had to remind her this was MY job and she could just watch! It didn't help much! We had a good time though. Michael FINALLY arrived Christmas Eve around 9! Boy did I miss him!!

Stephen and Ashley stayed at mom and dad's from Monday night on, so I had lots of good quality time with them (even though Ashley spent most of her time reading Breaking Dawn---I understand though, so I forgive her). Which included Stephen pitching a fit in the middle of making pancakes for breakfast and refusing to finish! He is such a baby sometimes! He was mad because Mom didn't have a griddle like he did but only a griddle that you set on the eye. It just wasn't big enough for him!

Anyways, all that was probably boring to you, but it was so much fun for me and each person I visited means so much to me! I wouldn't be who I am without any of them!

I will do a separate post on the Ketchum Christmas!

No comments: