Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Potential New Addition

So, due to the break-in, Michael and I are seriously considering adopting a dog. Mainly to keep me company when Michael is away on business and also to bark at anyone who comes close to our apartment. Maybe the ferocious bark will be a deterrent. Anyways, we went to PetSmart today to look at some dogs that the Granbury Friends for Animals Adoption Shelter had there, and I absolutely fell in love with this big cuddly dog named Barron. He is a beagle/Australian Shepherd mix. He is big and black and furry and oh so soft! Plus he loves to snuggle! He just sat in my lap the whole time we chatted (and he's not small!) He is about 4 months old, so he still has a bit of growing to do. I am calling him Bear for short. He is real smart and can already fetch! I don't have a picture to show you, but if we adopt him, you can rest assured there will be a post featuring Bear.

If you think about it, please pray for us as we make this decision. It's a big responsibility financially and just in taking care of another living being. We want to make the right decision for us and Bear (or whatever dog we decide to adopt).

In other news, we discovered more missing items! Michael's toolbox and drill are gone. Luckily the insurance claim hasn't been finalized, so we can add those items.

School starts Thursday with 1 class and chapel. I think I have Monday off because of MLK day, so my 2 Monday classes won't start until the next week! I am ready to get back in the routine of school.

I can't think of anything else noteworthy to tell you! Happy Saturday!

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

1. i can't believe you were robbed! that's terrible. i'll be thinking about yall as you get everything back in order.
2. about the dog...GET IT. getting mine was the best thing i ever did. yes, they're somewhat expensive, and a big responsibility but that's NOTHING compared to the love and company they provide! :)
3. i don't think i ever answered your question about my header. i used scrapblog.com to make it (looks like you already figured that out though! sorry i'm just now getting back to you!)
hope you are having a great weekend.