Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Warning: The following is not for the faint at heart!

Being the clumsy person that I am, I sliced the side of my thumb off two weeks ago while I was slicing potatoes for dinner. Oh yeah, I was watching High School Musical as well. Silly me. We had to go to a CareNow because we couldn't stop the bleeding. The nice doctor there cauterized it to stop the bleeding (yes that means burnt it.) after giving me three fabulous shots of whatever it is that numbs you up. Since then, I've had very little feeling in my thumb at all. I guess that's good. They say the nerves will grow back. For now, I'm just glad it doesn't hurt. Anyways, I keep it wrapped up in public with this nice bright blue stuff. It really sets off my outfits. Very trendy. Whatever it takes to keep the germs away. At home, I either leave it open or just have a band-aid on it to keep the medicine in place. Anyways, the doctor says within a year, you shouldn't be able to tell anything happened. I don't know exactly if I believe her. We'll see...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

LT (and Max) said...

bless your heart! yikes.

Josh, Jessica, and Alyssa said...

Oh, Mary Beth...what are we going to do with you? You need to be more careful with sharp objects my dear. Glad it doesn't hurt, though!