Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, July 23, 2009

It's a Love Story: The Proposal

This is what I wrote on our wedding website right after we got engaged:

Michael's parents came to my house to visit and attend my church Living Pictures Easter play. Little did I know they were also delivering my engagement ring to Michael. Later that afternoon, Michael called me upstairs. He told me that I was in trouble. Thinking nothing of it, I ran upstairs and found him grinning next to an Easter basket. I laughed at how excited he seemed to be over an Easter basket. When I started going through the eggs, he took away a large pink egg with a bow on it. That was my first clue that he might be proposing. I refused to let myself get excited though. There was a DVD in the basket. He had put together a slide show of all the pictures of him and me over the last two and a half years. "My Girl" was playing in the background. We watched the DVD, and then he gave me back the pink egg. By this time, I was so nervous, I couldn't open the egg. He got the top off for me, and then I looked inside to see a beautiful, sparkling diamond ring. I just stared at it in shock. Then I looked up to see him down on one knee. He asked me to marry him. Of course I said YES!
The day we were engaged: April 15, 2006
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Kristy said...

You both look like babies in this picture!! Love it. May you always age so well! ;)