Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Update on the thumb...

After consulting with Dr. Westmoreland about my thumb, I "debrided" it which is a fancy way of saying I got all the scab, crust, dried blood, etc. off of it. This turned out to be a process that took 3-4 days of soaking in vinegar water and wiping at it with gauze. Yes there was lots of pain involved there at the end. I must say though, the result is quite nice. I think my thumb looks a lot better. Initially it was quite sore for a day or two after, but today it felt much better. I continue to soak it each day and wipe away any additional ick that forms there to keep it CLEAN, MOIST, and COVERED per doctor's orders. This event has reminded me of another reason I am ready to move back home: Doctors that you know as people are way easier to trust. As a person who has at least vaguely known most of her doctors outside of the office, going solely on a stranger's instructions about my thumb was very difficult. I'm glad I finally swallowed my pride and talked to Dr. Westmoreland...especially since he had different instructions than the CareNow doctors.
Sorry the picture is blurry. I took it on my phone.

No comments: