Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, April 6, 2009

Highlight of the Weekend...

See that Little plane there...

 


Yes...that one...I flew it! See...

 


A few ariel shots just to prove we were actually in the air:

 


Alyson's dad has a plane and uses it mostly for business. He was kind enough to not only take us up for a little bit on Saturday but also to let me actually FLY the plane! How cool is that! It was amazingly comfortable. Before we went up, I was freaking out on the inside but trying to appear calm on the outside. Once we started takig off I was thinking, this isn't so bad...its kinda fun! We got up in the air, and he explained how the "steering wheel" worked. You pull towards you to go up, push away to point the nose down, left to turn left, and right to turn right. The plane doesn't move back to center when you move the "wheel" so you have to over correct a bit after a turn. I did it though! I flew the plane! Its kinda difficult with the wind blowing you to keep it steady. He said to think of the wind like bumps in the road! Right. Only there is how many thousand feet between me and the ground? Anyways, After I flew a bit, he flew us over Alyson's house and made us both "plane sick" circling to try to see her mother in the yard. I seriously thought I was going to toss my cookies, but again I'm trying to keep my cool (and my cookies). After he gets a few shots of their church (which you can see in the above pictures) we headed to the next town to stop and get some gas and settle our stomachs. When we got ready to go back up, he let me take off! Holy Cow! Fun stuff. So I had to wait until this little meter got to 180 (I think) and then I was supposed to pull the nose up. You could feel the plane trying to take off by itself! But I pulled up when I was supposed to and up up up and away we went! AWESOME! That is something I will never forget!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: