Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Texas Shower


I attended my first, official "Texas" shower last Saturday. My friend, Debra, from seminary and her husband, John, are expecting their first child in five weeks! I was so excited when I received the invitation to her shower. I mean, you know you've arrived in a community when you get a shower invitation. Anyways, so a group of 5 of use decided to go in together to get her a "big" present because as you know, bigger is always better. At least in my mind anyways (and my friend Leah agrees!). So we pooled the finances and bought Baby D (he doesn't have a name yet, so he's baby D) a high chair that attaches to a regular kitchen chair. It can be used for a newborn, baby, and toddler. I thought it was pretty cool! Anyways...I'm getting off the subject as usual! Leah and I head to the shower Saturday morning. (All the other girls had to work or prior obligations) We're following the GPS and we turn into the somewhat sketchy neighborhood. I was thinking...oh no...where are we going?!? We were a bit unsure of the correct zip code when we entered the address in the GPS soo anything could happen (note for the future, when you live in something as large as the metroplex, put your city and zip code with the street address on the invitation!) Luckily, just as quickly as the houses turned sketchy, they turned super, I mean SUPER, I mean better than Greenbriar probably even better than Bent Tree (That's a Columbus reference for my foreign readers) nice. Seriously, like one block was tiny little run down houses, the next block huge homes! We began to get a little excited. Then the GPS says, "Arrive at destination on right". We look to our right to see this sign:
Valet parking? Seriously? We had just gotten done discussing if we were going to have to play those silly Baby Shower games! Obviously NOT! So...I asked Leah...Do I just drive up there? She said, "sure!" So we drive up there, and there are two dudes waiting on us. They open our doors. One of them carries in the gift for me. Silly me tries to walk in with the car keys! DUH! They need those! I get my little claim ticket and off we go to the shower! The neighborhood did not disappoint! Super nice house! Crystal and silver dishes everywhere! Plus...brunch was catered. OMG! Fancy food though. I had to stick to the fruit and the nuts. Nothing new for me though! Anyways, the rest of the shower continued as a normal shower should...eat...socialize...open gifts...oooo...ahhh...over cute baby items. Oh yeah, they had these fantastic chocolate covered strawberries. They were decorated with baby blue and dark blue icing. Really cool looking! All in all--Good morning. Lots of fun! Oh yeah--we got a party favor! This really good smelling soap! Fun Stuff!

No comments: