Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 2, 2009

Tea Party

How well do you follow the news? Did you know about the recent "tea parties" in protest of Obama's administration's responses to the current economic crisis? Well in case you missed all that...Here is my official report: Michael came home Friday, and told me to get dressed he had something to show me. I hurriedly dried my hair and threw on pajamas because he promised I didn't have to get out of the car. (Yes I was just showering at 5:30 p.m.--its Friday...my day off!) So we get in the car, and he told me he passed a protest on the way home! How exciting! He couldn't tell what they were protesting, so we were going to go find out. Turns out, they were protesting Obama and the current Economic Bail Out plan among other things. Here are the pics I snapped with my iPhone as we drove by. We drove by twice to make sure we got good "coverage". Some of the signs read:
Pay your own **** mortgage!
No more public money for private failure!
Impeach Congress and Obama!
I bought a house I could afford!
Keep talking President Obama...we are listening VERY closely.

This was all very amusing and interesting to me. We saw a news camera out there, so we made sure the check out the news that night to figure out what the deal was. Turns out, people gathered in 30 cities across the US to protest. The protest in Fort Worth went off without any major altercations...except for that one Obama supporter who went and tried to start something with the protesters. Anyways, exciting stuff. Don't see a political protest all that often in Columbus, MS!

Sorry for the blurry pictures. Michael wouldn't let me roll down the windows because he didn't want them to talk to us! Can't blame him. One guy did see me taking his picture and smiled and waved afterwards!






2 comments:

Day said...

"I bought a house I could afford!" hahahahahahahahahahah. AMEN to that.

Anonymous said...

I came across your website and thought it was great. I feel the same way about these issues. I don't understand why Obama feels he can follow the same economic model as the people who got us into this mess (borrow more than you are worth) and have it work.

Blake Davis

Columbus, MS