Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, March 30, 2009

Lubbock: The Journey

These are pictures taken from the car on my iPhone on the journey to Lubbock, TX. In case you didn't know, I ventured to Lubbock with my friend Alyson this past weekend. She is from Lubbock and went to Texas Tech, so we went home to have a "girl's weekend" at her house! We had so much fun. The weekend started with a "mini blizzard" as we got closer to Lubbock. We had observed the temperature dropping as we traveled across the state. We started out at 68 F in Fort Worth and it had dropped to about 29 (if I remember correctly) by the time we were at her parent's house in Lubbock. Once we got on top of the "cap rock" (aren't you proud Alyson, I'm using my new vocabulary) the temperature dropped some more and there were snow flurries! It was so cool to watch the snow sweep across the ground. For those in MS, the snow here is so dry and light that it sweeps across the concrete as the wind blows. Below are some pics that show the snow blowing. Just look closely at the conrete, what you see blowing on the ground that looks like steam or smoke is actually SNOW!

 
Posted by Picasa


I am having some problems with my other pictures of the snow. As soon as I've got them figured out, I'll post them.

No comments: