Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, September 19, 2008

School Update

This is for those family and friends that care. Otherwise it is probably going to be a boring post.

I assume some of you want to know how school is going. So here ya go...

I have finally got myself on a schedule where I am not completely overwhelmed all the time. I try to have my classwork done a couple days ahead of time to allow for emergencies and so far that has kept me "chilled out". I am really enjoying my classes. A couple of them are really challenging while the other two are fairly easy. That is a good balance. I turned in my first paper on Wednesday. It was a book review on a book my PROFESSOR wrote! Seriously? I did it though. And was rather proud of it, but that makes me afraid. It will probably get ripped into shreds!

I am making some good friends. I have one friend that is in two of my classes and her husband is in another one. We hang out between class and chapel. Several of my new friends are coming over tonight for a Mary Kay party. Deanna will be here with her array of fabulous products. I am sure you will hear more about that on a post after the party!

I am really enjoying my job. I am getting used to the kids and their personalities. We have a pretty good routine and get the job done. I also have some time to do my own homework at work after I get things ready for the day, so that is good.

Michael likes his job. He is leaving me to go on an audit at the end of October. I will need lots of encouragement that week! I don't think he's wild about the getting up at the crack of dawn stuff, but that is the real world I suppose and you all are not sympathetic!!!

We have narrowed our church search down to two I think. One has a Sunday School that we liked and the other we really liked the preaching. We are going to go to Church 2 this Sunday to check out the Sunday School there. Hopefully we can plug in somewhere soon!

In other news, we are going to be aunt and uncle again in the next couple weeks. Nicole is getting close to her due date with little Andrew. We are hoping to get to make it home to meet him when he arrives, but it might not be until Thanksgiving. By that time we might be aunt and uncle again, depending on when little Kaylea decides to make her appearance!

If you would like to help me with my classes, call me when you have a problem! Every week I have to practice my new "skills" on people, and Michael is not very obliging! HaHa!

Also I have discovered that getting licensed in counseling is not as simple as getting the Master's degree. I will have to complete two additional years of supervised counseling after I get my Master's degree. Do not fret though, I can do this in Mississippi. We should still return to that great land in 3 years. Soon we'll be able to say 2 1/2!

I love you and miss you all! Please keep us in your prayers.

Mary Beth

1 comment:

Day said...

hey mb!!!!! i am talking to you on the phone!!