Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Watch Me Grow!

We can't be happy ALL the time!
 

 
WOW! I can't believe that's my not so little baby sitting there! He is EIGHT months old! Crazy! This month has brought LOTS of changes and developments for the little man. Here is the update:
  • He weighs about 21 pounds
  • He wears size 3 diapers
  • Crawling! He is slow and deliberate about it, but he's starting to figure out that he can explore his world so much more by crawling!
  • Sit himself back up! Praise the Lord! I think I wanted this more than crawling!
  • Pull up on low stuff like boxes and low shelves. 
  • Self Feed! Again, this makes things so much easier! 
  • He has eaten so many different things its hard to think of them all. His favorites are by far frozen blueberries and peas. He has eaten chicken and pork. Not a huge fan of beef right now. He's had chocolate...on accident! I left him in my room with his Halloween bucket VERY briefly, and when I came back in, he had bitten a chunk of a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Foil wrapper and all. I got it all out of his mouth, and boy was he MAD! He's had red peppers, broccoli, squash, baked apples, baked beans, butter beans, green beans (another fave!).
  • We started Cheerios, and he loves them too! He had goldfish the other night as well. Big hit!
  • He is very verbal. He still likes to shriek. We are beginning to see the difference in the "I'm upset because I need something (food, milk, fresh diaper, sleep, etc.) cry" and the "I'm so stinkin' mad because I'm not getting what I want" cry.  Trying to figure out exactly what you do with an 8 month old when he pitches a fit.
  • I can distinguish these sounds: "dadada" (by FAR the most popular), "mamamama" (becoming more popular), "buhbuh" (rare), "papapa" (heard it once or twice), "nananana" (usually when he's upset)
  • He laughs and giggles a lot! 
  • Very social! He smiles at almost anyone! I can't go anywhere in public without him winning over the people we pass with his smile!
  • He usually sleeps from around 7:30 PM to 7:30 AM. He takes two naps a day for about 1.5 hour each.
  • He LOVES LOVES LOVES school. He used to cry when I dropped him off, now he just laughs and giggles. I think he has a crush on his teachers. (Its highly possible they have a crush on him too!)
That is all I can think of for now!

No comments: