Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Thomas Visits Barlow Hill

Last weekend, Mom, Thomas, and I went to visit mom's family in Hazlehurst, MS. We drove all over Copiah county but got to visit with all of her sisters that live there and several cousins I haven't seen in awhile. Thomas was such a trooper as there was a LOT of time spent in the car seat. He was very sweet and let everyone hold him.


Thomas and Uncle Jerry

Thomas and Aunt Jane. He LOVED rocking in this chair!

Thomas is sitting where my grandmother's trailer used to be and where the house my mom grew up in was before that. Lots of memories for me there.

Thomas with my cousin, Guy, meeting his first horse, Shrek.

Thomas is not so sure about Shrek.
 Funny story. So My Aunt Charlotte lives up the dirt road from where my grandmother's house used to be. Guy lives across the street from my grandmother's old house. So when we stopped to take pictures he came out to chat. When we got ready to go up to Aunt Charlotte's, mom asked if we were putting Thomas back in the car seat. I said no, just let him ride up front with you. He's gonna scream if we put him in the car seat. (Don't freak out, its a short road, and they are the only other people that live on it. This was perfectly fine.) Anyways, it didn't matter because Guy whisked Thomas up and said he wants to ride on the Gator, Mule, or whatever brand machine it was. And then he disappeared with MY CHILD! I waited very patiently for several minutes for him to reappear with my child on the Gator/Mule machine. Luckily, he had gotten his wife which made me feel much better about the whole situation. Not that I don't trust Guy, but let's just say when I was a kid, he wasn't the most responsible feller there was. My most vivid memory of him from childhood is of him ramming cows that had gotten out of the neighbors fence with me and his daughter in the truck one night. I was terrified! Anyways, I digress, Thomas really enjoyed his ride! I was totally surprised that he let Guy take him away from me without crying. He's quite attached lately. But he did, and they said he just grinned the whole time!

Guy and Uncle Happy (Crazy Happy, Happy Jack, whatever you want to call him!) Thomas was very unsure of him at first, but warmed up quickly. He's never seen so much facial hair before!

Thomas and Aunt Charlotte

Thomas and Aunt Jane again.

Thomas and Bonnie (Guy's wife)
We also visited my Aunt Lee and Uncle Wayne as well as Uncle Ken, Aunt Dot and my cousin Neil. We didn't get any pictures with them. :( We were lucky enough to get to catch Aunt Dot's daughter and her husband and daughter (Nick, Rhonda, and Maegan) on a quick visit from St. Louis. To give you some perspective, their daughter is about 13, and I don't think I've seen her since she was a little older than Thomas. So it was great to get to visit with them! All around it was a good but VERY quick visit.

No comments: