Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, May 1, 2009

Better Late Than Never

Since there have been recent complaints, I'll do my best to get back into the blogosphere. I do actually have things to blog about since I recently visited the homeland--Mississippi.

We will begin with a visit with half of the Barlow girls. Michael and I left Fort Worth at about 5:30 pm Thursday evening a couple of weeks ago headed to his parents house only to get stuck on ARLINGTON behind a wreck for about 30 minutes. Talk about putting a damper on the beginning of the journey. Anyways, we rolled into Benton, MS, about 1:30 in the morning in pure delirium. We got a good night's rest in us along with a good breakfast and a brief visit with his parents before we headed in to Jackson to have lunch with 3 of my mother's sisters (she has 5 and no brothers--their poor dad I know!) and Uncle Ken (brother-in-law).

We met up with them at Ruby Tuesday's for lunch and had a wonderful visit. It had been almost a year since I had seen them and that was just too long! Mom and I usually made a trip down to Hazlehurst at least once every 4-6 months when I lived at home all throughout my life, so needless to say I was GLAD to see them! I was amused by the vast array of topics we covered over lunch--blood sugar levels to doctoral programs to gardening. We were a varied bunch. We laughed at mom and Aunt Edna (one of the sister's who couldn't come) because they just couldn't stand that they were missing out and called twice each to check up on us (once to the sisters and once to me each). It was so good to see them all. All of these women have stepped up in some way and acted as a grandmother to me ever since my granny died when I was in sixth grade. I was the baby grandchild and I guess they felt it was their job to grandmother me. They've done a wonderful job. I love them all very much! Here we are after lunch:

Uncle Ken, Aunt Lee, me, Aunt Charlotte, and Aunt Dot
The sun was really bright and I couldn't see the screen to check the shot. Sorry that Aunt Lee's eyes are closed. I was lucky I could get them to face the camera at all. They usually just show their behinds.

So began our very quick and busy trip to Mississippi...to see where we headed next come back tomorrow! (or maybe the next day...you never know with me!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: