Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Office Christmas Party

George, Morgan, and Sneed sure knows how to throw a Christmas party! About a week ago, Michael and I attended our first annual Christmas party at GMS. It was held at the Keg Steakhouse conveniently located about 5 minutes from our apartment. Michael had heard all the hype at the office about how wonderful the party was and had me equally excited! So we arrive and are just chatting away with James, a partner, his wife and his son. Then the appetizers begin to arrive, and they continue to arrive for about the next 10 minutes. The table (which was about 4-5 tables pushed together) is completely covered in appetizers. Granted, they were all really fancy and I wouldn't eat any of it, there was still tons of food! Then we ordered our main entree. We were free to choose from anything on the menu. Do I need to remind you that this is a fancy place? I choose a filet and Michael chooses a NY Strip. (We haven't had a real steak dinner in a LONG time! We're poor remember!) While waiting on the food to arrive, we begin round one of presents. All the employees got to choose a gift from the table. The theme for the evening was the 50's because GMS will have its fiftieth anniversary in 2009. The tables were decorated with paddle balls and yo-yos! (I am surprised nothing got broken by the paddle balls!) Anyways, back to the important stuff--presents! So Round 1, everyone has a gift, the theme is 50's. Everyone opened their gifts, and they were some game or toy from the 50's--Candyland, Chutes and Ladders, Nerf guns, etc. We got Chutes and Ladders and a Rubix Cube. (We got an extra gift because we were sitting next to the partner in charge, and it was a spare gift!) Then came round 2 of gifts! (Yes if there is a round 1 there is usually a round 2!) Again, all the employees choose a gift from the table. Then everyone opens. This time they are super nice gifts. Some people got a Garmin GPS. Others got a Portable DVD player. There was one bag full of gift cards to excellent places. The guy sitting across from me, Casey (partner's son and tech guy at GMS) got Sleeping Beauty and the Indiana Jones collection and a gift card to Target. When he opened the Sleeping Beauty, I screamed "Sleeping Beuty! Oh My Goodness! I want that!!!" (I couldn't help myself!) So he continued to taunt me for the next 20 minutes but ended up giving me Sleeping Beauty! HOW SWEET! Michael got a pair of Bose ear buds (really expensive!) Then we enjoyed our lovely dinner and lovely conversation. As we are getting ready to leave, James (partner) gives us a $50 gift card to the restaurant. Score! We get to have steak again! It was a wonderful evening! Of course, I love presents!


No comments: