Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Monday, October 20, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

This weekend my wonderful parents sponsored me (bought my ticket) so I could attend the America Association of Christian Counselors West National Conference in Dallas. I was really excited about going, but nervous about traveling alone. I found an upper classman, Rachel, who was getting a group to travel together. I signed myself up. A friend of hers suggested we use the train, so we wouldn't have to worry about traffic etc. BAD IDEA!! We didn't realize that at the time, so he mapped us out a plan and we embarked at SIX A.M. on our journey. Well, we missed the 6:20 a.m. train because we couldn't find the train station and our friend Samuel was late. So we barely caught the 7 A.M. train. This train took 1 hour to get us to Dallas. In Dallas, we caught another, smaller train up to LBJ Central, which was "in theory" supposed to be in walking distance of the conference center. HA. HA. It was in the middle of nowhere. A nice police officer called the transit people and they told us to go back one stop and catch a bus! So we do. The nice bus driver says there is no way to get us to the Hilton Lincoln Center. The best she can do is drop us off on the backside of the Galleria. The Hilton wasn't that far from there, but there was a HUGE INTERSTATE between us and the Hilton. Luckily, my friend Rachel had a friend who knew Dallas well and had just arrived at the conference, so she called her to come pick us up. We FINALLY arrived at the conference....are you ready for this?....at 9: 30 A.M. Now...think back....what time did we meet to leave? 6 A.M.!!! We traveled for over 3 hours! I could have been half way to Mississippi and I was only in DALLAS!!! It was worth all the trouble though. The conference was good!

My new Korean friend Son Hi.
One of the many trains we rode.
Me and Rachel (we were twinks in our jean jackets and Brown slacks)

Our whole group for the train adventure!

We saw the sunrise and the sunset from the train on Friday! Needless to say, I drove on Saturday! I will try to post later about some things I learned at the conference!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: