Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Just Following Directions

I was informed last night by my mother that I needed to get my priorities in order and update this blog. School and work are not more important than blog updates. This came to her through my dear Brother Sammy! So here you are!

I am in the middle of mid-terms. I really only had one test. I have an outline due for a really big paper on Tuesday which I haven't done very much work on, so this weekend will be devoted to that.

Last weekend we went to the Texas State Fair. It is just all the rave out here. It is supposedly the biggest and most attended state fair in the country. Well...it was fun, but I don't have to go back again next year! Everything is SO expensive, and you have to buy tickets for EVERYTHING! Even the Food! I ate a fried s'more which was very good. I left my camera in the car, so I have no pictures. SORRY!

Today in chapel we took up a boot offering. Literally, Dr. Patterson asked for the men wearing boots to take them off and pass them around to take an offering for the Hurricane Ike victims. A group went down from SWBTS last weekend to help clean up, and they will be taking 4 more trips down there before Christmas. Needless to say, the offering had a "sweet smelling aroma"! HAHA...only in Texas!

I am coming home the weekend of October 25th which is Homecoing for MSU. Michael and I will be at the game and tailgating before the game. We haven't made the decision on whether we will be in church Sunday morning or not. We might leave in the morning, so we won't get home so late. The week starts up again on Monday, so late Sunday nights aren't good. (In case you didn't know that already) I have commited 15 minutes to Brother Sammy...(Yes she conveyed that message too!), so if you try to see me during that 15 minutes I will have to ignore you. Sorry...he is the boss!

That is all I can come up with right now. I need to go type up a paper. I love you all and miss you all!

3 comments:

Matt and Blair said...

Glad to see the update!!!

The Burks Family said...

Your nanny was also pretty upset at the tailgate saturday because you had not been updating your blog. I think she even said she had finally stopped checking it everyday just hoping that you had updated it! She's a mess!
Can't wait to get to see and tailgate gate with ya'll at Homecoming!
Love you and miss You!

Lindsey and Jason Nicholson said...

I want to see you when you're home!!! you better call me!