Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, March 23, 2012

Project Simplify Weeks 1&2

 I was reading my friend Lane's blog the other week, and she was participating in The Simple Mom's Project Simplify. Week 1 was organizing kids' stuff. I was already slowly working through Thomas' clothes to figure out what I needed for summer, so I decided to finish that up. I also needed to organize his closet and rotate some of his toys. The living room was beginning to overflow with them, and he did not play with all of them regularly.
Before

After
 I went ahead and did some rearranging in his room as well to make some more floor space. Its definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing arrangement, but it is the most functional.


Week 2 of Project Simplify was the fridge and pantry. That took me all of ten minutes because I keep pretty good tabs on our food. Plus we just moved in 3 months ago...how bad could it really be? I didn't take any pictures because it wasn't very dramatic. Then, I read Lane's post about week 2, and thought "uhh...our microwave is really gross too". So then I had to clean it. Then (way too many "thens") I got inspired and cleaned the outside of all our appliances. Stainless sure looks nice, but it gets fingerprints BAD and it doesn't clean up easily! No pictures of this either as it was spur of the moment. 

I've decided I may need to stop reading Lane's blog. Too much work involved afterward! HAHA.

2 comments:

Lane said...

HAAAA! Keep reading...I promise I am not usually so productive. :)

Todd and Stacie said...

Yall are cracking me up. Somebody needs to come simplify me...then you can both blog about it ;o)