Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Thomas Flies on a Plane

 Several months ago, I ran across an amazing deal with Southwest for a round trip flight to Fort Worth for about $100. Naturally I snapped it up! Then we had to wait and wait and wait. Finally, in January, the time came for our trip to visit friends in Texas! We had a fabulous time! I was a nervous wreck about flying with Thomas, but everything worked out. Nana took us to the airport in Jackson and was able to go through security with me. Then we just hung out until time to board. I used my Moby wrap to board so I had the use of my hands. The flight wasn't full, so we had a full row to ourselves, and Thomas had lots of fun. Side story: see the fellow in the background of this picture. So he shows up late on the flight and sits on the row across from us. Thomas being the social child he is, of course starts smiling and jabbering at him. The dude talks back to him. This continues as I get my stuff settled. Then I hear the flight attendant tell them man, "I can see already you're going to get kicked off the plane." I thought this was amusing and she was just being funny. Then later, I notice the man showing Thomas something and laughing. I turned around and he was showing my child a Playboy! SERIOUSLY!? We made a stop in Houston but stayed on the same plane to connect to Jackson. The kind flight attendants helped me move up to the front during our layover.

Adelae giving Thomas a hug!

Adelae swinging with her mommy.

Thomas swinging. He liked it, I promise. The sun was in his eyes.

Standing all by himself!

Trying on Mr. Jonathan's boots!


We got to eat lunch at Babe's, and Kristy and Deanna joined us!


Thomas on the flight home sitting in a seat by himself like a big boy. Tearing up a magazine.
 We had a wonderful time visiting friends! Alyson and Jonathan were amazing hosts: cooking, chauffeuring, and playing with Thomas. Jonathan's goal for the week was to teach Thomas to walk. He took 4-6 steps the day we got home! We also got to hang out with Rebecca, Heath, and Adelae a good bit and meet Jeremy, our friends Matt and Kristen's new baby. Thomas also had a play date with pretty little Maddie, Kathryn and Ryan's little girl. Alyson was nice enough to take me to Travis Sunday morning, so I got to visit our old Sunday School class. All in all, it was a really good visit. I miss my Texas family a lot!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

We miss you too!!!!!