Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Watch Me Grow!!








WOWEE! I can't believe my first baby boy is 6 months old! How am I old enough to have a 6 month old and how did he get this big?? I just don't think I like how fast they grow! So Thomas can now do lots of things:


  • SLEEP! He goes to bed between 7:30-8:30 PM; Wakes up at 5 to eat and sleeps until 7:30-8:30 AM
  • He's currently sleeping in a sleep sack with his arms inside. He usually gets one arm through an arm hole during the night. Still in the sleep cradle. (baby steps...)
  • NURSE: still nurses a lot!! probably every 2-3 hours during the day if we are at home. He can go up to 4 hours if we are out and about and distracted!
  • Sit up! 
  • Reach for toys around him.
  • Smile, laugh, and giggle!
  • Roll: front to back, back to front, both sides
  • Scoot backwards
  • Get the straw of his sippy cup into his mouth. Not so sure he gets any water out though.
  • Say: mamamamama, dadadadada, nanananana (usually when he's upset)
  • Sign "milk"; I'm not totally sure he knows he's signing milk, but he does the sign all the time. I've started saying milk and copying the sign and nursing him when he does it. I think he's making the connection because he smiles real big when I sign it back and come get him. Video coming soon.
  • He has started hugging me. When I pick him up after a nap he will cling to me with his arms around my neck for just a few seconds! 
  • He knows his name. He will turn his head towards you when you say it (most of the time)
  • Learning the meaning of "no". He likes to pull mommy's hair which provides ample opportunity to learn "no".
  • He loves Peek a Boo or Where's Thomas?
  • His favorite songs: Old McDonald, The Wheels on the Bus, Little Red Wagon, MSU Fight Song, You are My Sunshine, Jesus Loves You (mommy's remix)

No comments: