Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thomas Can...




Thomas is 5 weeks old in these pictures. Here is a list of things that Thomas can do:

  • Hold his head up really well when you are holding him upright
  • Lift his head up pretty high for about 10-15 seconds during tummy time
  • Lift his head up a tiny bit and turn from side to side during tummy time
  • Bat at the toys hanging from his gym
  • SMILE!
  • giggle...sometimes
  • EAT!
  • I swear he moves his legs in rhythm to the music on his play gym (which is currently his favorite "toy")
  • Take a nap! (I know this seems kinda "duh!" but it took us awhile to get here!)
I'm going to be honest and say those first few weeks of motherhood were the hardest of my entire life! Things were cool and easy while mom was here, then everyone left and things got crazy! I have NEVER doubted myself and my ability to take care of babies/children, but over and over again I questioned whether I was doing things right and whether I could do this! A friend said that becoming a mother really shows you how selfish you truly are, and I think she is right! So many times I get frustrated at this tiny helpless baby because I can't sleep or I can't eat. Always about what I can't do! I know I've already messed stuff up and I'm sure I will again, but I do know that motherhood is going to push me closer to God and grow me into a better, more selfless, person. On a positive note, things are vastly improved around here. My hormones are settling down and I don't cry over everything anymore. Thomas is on some medicine for his reflux and feeling lots better (and sleeping lots better!) I think we might be settling into somewhat of a routine! I am going to attempt to go back to work next week, and Thomas will be going with me. Please pray for us!! 

No comments: