Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

He's Here!!

Thomas Edward Ketchum
February 11, 2011
7 pounds 15.5 ounces
22 inches long
9:35 p.m.
Welcome to our world little man!

Meeting my baby for the first time!



Proud Daddy!

Exhausted Mommy!


Hello!!
As planned, I was admitted to the hospital Thursday evening for Cervadil over night. By morning I was dilated barely 1 cm. The doctor on call actually told my nurse that he didn't think I would progress with the Pitocin and we may have to redo the Cervadil that night! Luckily, they did not tell me that until after the fact and he was WRONG! My water broke on its own about 12:45. I got the most amazing epidural ever at 3:30 (after waiting for an hour for that crazy doctor!). Dilated from 5 cm to 10 cm in one hour from 6:30-7:30. Pushed for 2 hours and then he was born at 9:35 p.m. just in the knick of time. He was turned side-ways and the doctor told me around 9:15 if he wasn't born in the next 30 minutes, they were doing a C-section. Boy was I determined to get him out! With the next push, the nurse was like "don't worry about the C-section, he turned and is coming!" It was a LONG day, but well worth it to see his little face (looking JUST like his daddy!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! I know you are so glad all of the anticipation about labor is over and now y'all can just enjoy the baby!