Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Friday, January 13, 2012

Watch Me Grow!

 44 Weeks (plus a few days...)
45 Weeks

46 Weeks

47 Weeks

11 Months
So I didn't do a very good job with pictures this month! I don't think one of them was actually taken on the day it was supposed to be except the 11 months! I think I have a good excuse: Christmas and moving! Despite our busy month, Thomas has developed lots of new and absolutely adorable tricks:
  • He dances whenever he hears music. If he's standing, it's a little bounce. If he's sitting he bobs his head.
  • He pushes his arms through his sleeves. I know that sounds silly, but it helps with dressing a LOT!
  • He belly laughs at almost anything Michael and I do. For example, he has this habit of holding his food up to us, so the other night I leaned in as if I was going to take a bite of it. He found this hilarious! I absolutely love his little giggle.
  • Standing alone...with no hand support.
  • From a standing position, he can squat down to pick something up and almost always stand back up.
  • He sits on his knees a lot...especially when he's really interested in something.
  • He has grown to love books over the last month. Up until now, he would pretty much scream every time I tried to read to him. But now, he enjoys it and laughs and touches the pictures. He even points to books sometimes which I think means he wants me to read them. He also enjoys putting books over his head.
  • Really he enjoys putting anything over his head. All during Christmas, wrapping paper, bows, clothes, anything he could get his hands on went over his head.
  • Still jabbering all the time! 
  • I'm pretty sure he understands the signs "all done" and "more" although he will not use them. If I sign more, he smiles and gets really excited. He has signed them a couple times, but really prefers to holler. It's communication I suppose, and we know what he wants so I guess it works!
  • Hugs! He leans in and "hugs" me now. I love it!
  • He also tries to give kisses which are more like open mouth slobber fests that I'm really nervous are going to end in him biting down on my face.
  • I picked him up from Parent's Morning Out yesterday, and he had a scratch on his nose. The teacher said he and some other kids were "rough-housing"! I don't know why, but this cracked me up!
  • He likes to "rough house" with Daddy in the floor at home. Perhaps this is what led to the school incident. He finds wrestling in the floor very funny!
  • He eats anything you put in front of him along with anything he finds on the floor.
  • We have had some digressing in the sleeping department. I attribute it to the new house. I'm hoping it passes soon!
  • He has slept several nights and naps arms free although its not consistent.
That's all I can think of today! I am sad to say that we still don't have internet and have no idea when we will get it, so my posts will be sporadic! I'll do the best I can!

No comments: