Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Watch Me Grow!

35 Weeks

36 weeks. This picture was taken where the house my mother grew up in was. It is also where the trailer my grandmother lived in while I was growing up was. Lots of memories here.

37 Weeks

38 Weeks

9 Months!!
(39 weeks)
So I am WAY behind on this post seeing as we are half way to 10 months now. I'll do my best to remember what his milestones were at actual 9 months and not what he's done since then:
  • He weighs 22 pounds 11 ounces
  • He's 28 inches long
  • He's "as good as it gets" regarding health according to the pediatrician. :)
  • He's very good at crawling now and crawls on all surfaces.
  • He's an excellent cruiser now and much prefers this to crawling.
  • He will pull up on absolutely anything. He's not a great judge of sturdiness though, so that accounts for all the bruises you see on his forehead and chin.
  • He eats pretty much anything that isn't pureed. We discovered that he doesn't want to eat off a baby spoon, but he will eat some things off a big person spoon. However, he'd prefer to just do it himself which results in food everywhere.
  • He enjoys feeding Lady and TJ while he eats, so we now have to put the dogs up during meals.
  • Still nurses 6-8 times a day.
  • Usually eats about 2 table food meals a day with a snack in the afternoon (thanks to Poppa).
  • Still sleeping in the Woombie from about 7:30-7:30 with one feeding between 5-6 AM.
  • Naps twice a day most days. (NOT at school though...afraid he'll miss something I guess!)
  • Talks, a LOT! He often gets this very serious face when he talks to me. I really wish I knew what he was saying. He thinks its very important.
  • He's a social butterfly. Rarely meets a stranger. Most of the time smiles at everyone he sees (assuming he's been fed and has slept. :) He's like his Mama, if he's hungry or tired, leave him alone!)
  • Loves riding in the wagon. Absolutely loves it. This is what he does with Poppa in the afternoon (in addition to eating cheerios, crackers, and goldfish...). He also loves STANDING in the wagon. We are working on that one...
I'm writing this on Thanksgiving night, so I would be remiss not to note what I'm thankful for. Obviously, I'm beyond thankful for this amazing little boy that God saw fit to give Michael and me. He amazes me every day. There is nothing like becoming a parent that continuously reminds you of your own sinful selfishness and desperate need of a Savior. I'm so thankful for the grace God gives me each day to be the best Mommy I can be to Thomas, and the forgiveness when I fail at it, which I often do! Looking over this past year, I'm especially filled with gratitude. God has been very good to us. I finished my Master's degrees. We relocated back to Starkville, MS, where we wanted to be with Michael in an excellent job. I've been able to find part-time work that is flexible to allow me to be with Thomas. I pray that I remember His goodness and continue to praise Him when times aren't so "easy".

Stop and count your blessings. We have so many.

No comments: