Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Watch Me Grow!!





Wow! My little man is growing WAY too fast! FIVE months! How did that happen?
So what can Thomas do at 5 months:

  • Shriek at the top of his lungs. He's been doing this for awhile, but lately he finds it highly amusing. He will shriek and then stop and look around to see if anyone is noticing or laughing at him.
  • SIT UP! As you can see, he is sitting up! Since about 20 weeks. He still slouches a bit, but he gets better every day!
  • Scoot backwards. This is a bit non-productive for him as he scoots himself AWAY from his toys, but whatever. I try to line them up beside him, so there is something new as he scoots.
  • He is now sleeping in the baby bed. This is new as in just the last few days. Today we have digressed back to the yellow sleeper because his tummy is hurting, but hopefully that will only be today.
  • We transitioned him to a convertible car seat, which he likes so much better than the bucket seat. He can see out the window, and its much easier to get him in and out. My shoulder thanks me for that decision.
  • He is grabbing EVERYTHING! We now have to watch what we put on the table near him. And he grabs anything in my hands when I'm holding him.
  • Along with grabbing things, everything is briefly inspected before being placed directly in his mouth for a closer inspection. 
  • He can pass objects back and forth between his hands. He is still a little unsteady at this and it requires much concentration.
  • He is bathing in the big bath tub. We got him one of the little seats and he loves it! I put him in the tub with me one day before we got the seat and filled it with bubbles for him. He just looked at me in amazement!
  • He loves being spooked by his daddy. Michael can jump out from anywhere and say BOO! and Thomas will jump and then giggle. 
  • I'm guessing he weighs around 18 pounds.
To update everyone on us, we are settling in well in Mississippi. Michael is enjoying his job, and I am in the process of getting some part-time counseling lined up for myself. I hope to take the NCE soon and start attaining hours towards my LPC (license). Thomas will start Mothers Morning Out at FUMC in Starkville in August. I am both excited and nervous! He will go three mornings a week. We are still house hunting. We are supposed to meet with a contractor next week about possibly building a house in a subdivision he is developing. I will keep you posted!

No comments: