Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Happy Birthday Mama!

Happy Birthday Mama! I love you!

Top Ten Memories with Mom (in no particular order):

10. Even though I hated it at the time, curling my hair on Sunday mornings as a child. My 1st grade Sunday School teacher used to tell me she knew who won the battle each Sunday based on whether my hair was curled or not. Now I don't consider myself "dressed up" unless my hair is curled (which is still not often).

9. I have vague memories of this, but throwing my in the swimming pool and forcing me to learn how to swim. I'm so thankful that I am as comfortable in the water as I am on land.

8. All the car rides to visit your family in Hazlehurst and the conversations we had on those trips.

7. Your face when I walked out of the gym after cheerleading tryouts in 6th grade to tell you that I needed the check book because I made it. I never knew you didn't think I was gonna make it!!

6. When I was in preschool, you would drive really fast through the park on the way to school every morning after getting do-nuts to "get our stomachs". Every morning until they put in the stupid speed bump.

5. Shopping trips to Birmingham for clothes--just me and you.

4. The year you volunteered to plan my end of the year school party. I had lots of fun and was so proud that my mom helped plan it.

3. Going with Whitney, Stefanie, and me to Chicago--and dealing with my freak-outs when I thought we were going to be lost and never found again.

2. Planning the wedding. That was fun!

1. Our nightly coversations growing up. (yes this is definitely number 1 even though the others could come in any order). People talk all the time about how parents need an open line of communication with their children. I never ONCE during my growing up years doubted whether I could talk to you about something. I may have known it might not go well for me, but I knew I could always talk to you and you would tell me the truth. I know for a lot of those years you didn't think I was listening, but I was--and you were right. But you know that already!

Love you bunches and am thankful to have you for a mama!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: