Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Too Humerous Not to Share

DISCLAIMER: I am not in any way trying to offend anyone. I am sure it is no surprise to anyone who knows me that I supported John McCain basically because of moral issues such as abortion. However, now that Barack Obama has been elected President of the United States, I am exhorted by Scripture to submit to that authority (as long as it doesn't require me to sin obviousely) and pray for him. That is what I will do, and it is what you should do. That being said, this is very funny:


George W. Bush won in 2004 with 51%. Some responses: Deeply Divided Country Is United in Anxiety (WSJ) Sure, Country Is Divided (NYT) A Nation Divided (SPT)
In contrast, Barack Obama won the 2008 Presidential race with 52% of the vote. Some responses: Nation is united by victory for hope over historic divisions (Times UK) America’s choice: Obama wins in a landslide Obama’s night: Long road ends in landslide (BDH) President-elect Obama wins landslide victory (TN) Obama becomes first black president in landslide (AP)
The lists go on. So - to get it straight: 51% = deeply divided nation. 52% = landslide election.
Gotcha.
An acquaintance mentioned this political cartoon after the election, and I just had to find it. This just shows how the mainstream media interprets things based on biases. Click HERE to see the original piece.

No comments: