Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Snow Week but No Baby

Hello friends.
Since I do not yet have a baby out of the womb to show you pictures of, I will grace you with a picture of my ever enlarging belly. This is at 40 weeks and 3 days.
 We have had a fairly eventful yet uneventful week around here. It started Monday with my doctor's appt. in which I was STILL 1/2 cm. I was supposed to return Tuesday for a sonogram to assess Thomas' weight, but when we woke up to this:
 and a phone call from the doctor's office informing us they were closed for the day. I cried. Thankfully, Michael stayed home so I wasn't left to wallow in my misery alone. Then one day at home turned into two and two turned into three and three turned into four. I never got my sonogram and Michael never made it to work. We did take these pretty pictures though and enjoy our last few days together without a baby.

Today is Saturday and Michael worked all day to try to make up some of the time he missed. I spent the day being absolutely unproductive. We go back to the doctor on Monday....hopefully. I've learned not to count on anything. IF I make it to the doc on Monday (if meaning no snow/ice or no baby beforehand), then she will do a sono to determine his weight. Based on that we will decide when to set an induction date. At the earliest, it could be Wednesday the 9th. At the latest, Tuesday the 15th. As I really want to go into spontaneous labor, I'm hoping he weighs less than 8 lbs so we can wait it out. Only time will tell.

That is all for now.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Your snow looks prettier than our snow did :-( I think it is an awesome blessing that God gave you several days to be husband and wife before parenthood sets in. You will be glad for those days in a week :-) Isn't He cool?(not to mention creative...)